Image via fineartamerica
“ … and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment…” Plato
A funny thing happened to me on the way to finding this partial quote by Plato; I fell in love. I wasn’t looking for it, thinking about it, expecting it, wanting it, dreaming about it, and just to make sure that there is no ambiguity in this statement, I just didn’t care about it. And then I got run over by a Mack truck! Not literally mind you, but the impact was about the same.
I know that a lot of people think that love is the highest form of expressing your feelings and I would agree, to a certain extent. I argue, however, that without a key element to that love, it is a penultimate love and not the ultimate kind. I tend to look at things with an Epicurean perspective and to achieve the ultimate love, you need to find your “Twin Soul” as I’ve found mine.
How will you know you have met your twin? Here are some of the symptoms given by others who have had the experience…
- Chances are you’ve met through a set of unusual circumstances… totally unplanned and unexpected
- There is an instantaneous feeling that you have known the other before
- You felt an immediate and deep connection for one another
- There is an electrifying feeling between the two of you that words cannot describe
- The relationship is immediate… as though no time had been lost since you were last together
- It feels as though you had never lived before the reunion occurred
- You feel a deep sense of unity that you’ve have never known before
- It brings on feelings you never thought possible
- The two of you are inseparable
- When you look into each other’s eyes time and space have no meaning
- There are no barriers between the two of you… the relationship is a totally open one
- Your conversations seem to go on forever
- The two of you have a strong urge to serve humanity in a deep and meaningful way
- You give to the other and never think of receiving in return
- There is a special sacredness to your relationship that transcends anything you’ve ever experienced before
- You still have karma with your twin (from previous lives) but the two of you resolve it all with total forgiveness and unconditional love
- Neither one of you are dependent on the other for your sense of self
- There is a real feeling of unlimitedness to your feelings… you have a strong sense of eternity
- Your feelings for each other are very spiritual
- There are no restrictions within the relationship… all is freedom without the need for ownership or control
- The two of you know without doubt that you have been brought together for a reason
- You do not compete with one another nor do you pretend to be other than who you are
- In spite of your sameness there is no doubt you feel a sense of completion through the other
- Trust, patience, acceptance of each other’s weaknesses happen automatically
- There is a great sense of purpose and meaning to the relationship
- Your sexuality with one another is a sacred act that celebrates the unconditional love you have for one another
- When you look into the other’s eyes you see yourself
- You experience a sense of completeness that is without comparison
There is no doubt that some of the symptoms described above are also common to soul mate relationships. What really sets the twin soul union apart from all the rest is the profound degree of completeness experienced and the overwhelming sense of spirituality unique to them. Twins want to serve humanity in some meaningful way. There is also a very sacred sense of intimacy and feeling of divinely inspired wholeness that one finds within a twin soul relationship. It is not by accident nor is it without purpose. (The following can be goggled and is listed on hundreds of web pages and thus, I cannot cite the original source).
Another funny thing happened to me on my way to accepting this theory of a twin soul. Before this, I didn’t think that I even had a soul. At least not in the sense that we have been raised to believe under Christian theology. More in the sense of the Chinese philosophy of Yin and Yang where each is need to complete and bring balance to each other. To be more exact, one cannot exist without the other assuming that we exist in the first place. But I digress and that is an argument for another post.
What is perfectly clear is that I have found my twin soul and she hers. I cannot lie and say that we have achieved or met every bullet point on the aforementioned list, but, there are more than enough examples that do match that it is an undeniable fact. I love her! I want her. I need her. I respect her. I dream of her. She is forever in my heart and never , even for a moment, out of my sight.
lf, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship a “and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, the pair
intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment…n”and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment…
“and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment…